Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-12-27
17:54:55
 Re: Software Rarity

Upon reading more closely, I see that Csabo and I agree on using covers as a distinguishing characteristic of a particular release.

I do see a potential problem with the users entering in their inventory... how will we do it? Are we going to upload an Excel spreadsheet and hope that we entered our titles exactly the same way as in the database? Shall we have little checkboxes to mark if we have a particular diskette or cassette or cartridge? Are we going to enter the titles online, typing each one in?

I can see the potential for people to make mistakes entering their inventory in, and then mucking up their fixes (double entries, one gets erased accidentally, the wrong cover is checked because they didn't notice the software house).

We have over 5000 titles in the database.... if we say only 20% is ratable software (commercially published) then we're still looking at 1000 distinctly different releases that we may have to be particular about. That's one heck of a list of boxes to check off!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024